Thursday, July 16, 2009
Fun Stuff
Alrighty! So here is something fun that I did recently. So over the weekend, I was privileged to be part of a human slingshot! Yeah--awesome! I was kind of worried at first, because in my mind, we were going to be shooting people into the air somehow, and I could just see that ending badly. However, it was much more safe than that. So here's how it worked: there was a large piece of stretchy fabric (it would have been much better if we were all asked to wear stretchy pants to participate, but maybe next time), and four people got inside of this fabric and formed a square. From here, two people standing across from each other would run and switch places with that person. (Remembering to keep to the right to avoid collisions!!) The force of running into this stretchy fabric would 'sling' the other two people who would then switch places with their partner. Ok, the more I explain this, the more confusing it sounds...you pretty much just have to trust me that it was fun and I would highly recommend you all try it sometime. The diagram might help, but there is also a risk it will just make it more confusing. But whatever. Needless to say, I need to get myself one of these stretchy fabric treasures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I totally get it and it does sound like loads of fun!
ReplyDelete